‘Fresh bread with an old soul’ – Chad Robertson, Tartine Bakery
Learn how to make your own sourdough! This intensive four hour workshop will provide you with the skills and confidence to start making your own delicious sourdough at home. The price includes all ingredients, take home notes, tea/coffee, snacks and a take home sourdough mother (starter) to get you on your way.
Join local baker Tilo Fobes for an afternoon of all things sourdough. Tilo is a commercial baker who has adapted some of the baking methods he studied for the home environment. In this hands-on workshop Tilo will cover:
- The basics of establishing and caring for a sourdough mother/culture
- How to easily make sourdough bread at home and how to incorporate it into a busy schedule
- The basics of shaping bread and how to make your creations look pretty
- Why sourdough is great, both nutritionally and as a way of connecting to food
Please note, due to time constraints this workshop does not deal with gluten-free bread techniques in great depth although there will be time for some discussion about various gluten free flours and grains during the course of the workshop.
- A clean tea towel
- 2 small containers (approx 200-500ml capacity)
- A mixing bowl with approx 2L capcity to take your bread dough in. Metal is preferable although glass, ceramic and plastic are fine too
- A silicon spatula or bowl scraper
- An apron or wear old clothes you don’t mind getting flour on - this is a messy business!
Refund Policy: Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to other workshops