Join local textile artist, Barbara Wheeler, for an introduction to botanical printing and dyeing.
Learn how to:
- identify natural fibres and select plants that will give colour to cloth
- print textiles using a natural dyebath
- use diagnostic samples to determine dye colours on plant and animal fibre fabrics
Participants will receive:
- one piece of Australian Wool fabric 30 x 20 cm
- two diagnostic fabric sets
- notes on botanical dyes
It’s a messy workshop so wear old clothes or an apron, covered shoes. There will be notes provided, but a notebook and pen are always handy. Bring a container to take your wet fabric sample home.
Refund Policy: Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to other workshops